We [Wineskin Media] are pleased to announce our 2007 Social Justice Engagement Calendar, soon to be available from IHS Press [link to IHS press].
With this weekly calendar, you’ll sample major papal writings:
- Rerum Novarum, Leo XIII
- Singulari Quadam, Pius X
- Quadragesimo Anno, Pius XI
- Mater et Magistra, John XXIII
- Pacem in Terris, John XXIII
- Populorum Progressio, Paul VI
- Octogesima Adveniens, Paul VI
- Laborem Exercens, John Paul II
- On the Ecological Crisis, John Paul II
- Centesimus Annus, John Paul II
You’ll also hear from Vatican II, with Gaudium et Spes, as well as the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
As a bonus, this year’s calendar also includes selections from the works of G. K. Chesterton and Hilaire Belloc. These engaging Catholic laymen, while certainly not doctrinal authorites, consciously modeled their economic theories on Catholic social principles. They complement the papal writings as they clarify and explore the underlying economic issues. And they’re funny.And as some of us most heartily and vigorously refuse to be led to Socialism, we have long adopted the harder alternative called trying to think things out.
-- G. K. Chesterton, The Outline of Sanity
Philosophy for the Schoolroom
4 days ago