Sunday, March 09, 2008

Lunchroom Caucus part duex


The Wednesday lunch after Hillary’s win in Ohio my buddy announced to our table, “See my girl won. Na na ne na na.”
The ladies chimed in, “I can’t believe that hag won.” and other derogatory remarks.
So I asked them, “So you voted for Obama?”
“Well no. Not exactly, I didn’t vote. I was just sure she would lose.”
The only other person that voted at all was the 20 something girl (voting for Hillary). So I asked her why she voted for Hillary.
“That’s who my dad told me to vote for.”
Of the 10 of us 3 voted, two for Hillary and one for McCain.

“The unconscious democracy of America is a very fine thing. It is a true and deep and instinctive assumption of the equality of citizens, which even voting and elections have not destroyed.” GKC

Let’s just hope we don’t get too unconscious.

1 comment:

Trubador said...

Okay... that picture is reeeeeally disturbing me.

8-O