Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mardi Gras

Happy Mardi Gras. I'm scrambling for a post this morning (readers at The Daily Eudemon may notice that my morning post went up almost two hours later than usual). I grabbed two GKC quote books, looking for a quote about Mardi Gras, Lent, fasting, asceticism, or something, but found nothing. I did find this: "Amusement can be a narcotic." I agree, though I don't think anyone should mention it to the people in New Orleans that are trying to have a good time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're having a one-day Chesterton conference in Louisiana, March 7, 2015. Go to www.ChestertonBr.com for details. It's a Saturday 8am-4pm, in Ponchatoula, LA - only minutes from New Orleans. Joseph Pearce, Dale Ahlquist, Kevin O'Brien, Chuck Chalberg, and Brian Daigle presenting.Home of the world's only life-sized statue of G.K. Chesterton - you don't want to miss this opportunity. Call Karen Hornsby for details: 225.312.5824