Saturday, June 23, 2012

Keep Calm and Carry On

True, "You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion." but you can celebrate the thing.

Or you could make a study of the thing and learn such neat facts like:


"The most treacherous beard in history was that of Austrian Hans Steininger. It was more than two metres long and he kept it rolled and stowed in a leather pouch, but in 1567 he tripped over it while running from a fire, and perished.

One of the CIA's more insane attempts to destabilise Cuba was to put toxic thallium salts in the shoes of Fidel Castro to make his beard fall out."


1 comment:

A Secular Franciscan said...

I celebrate my beard. I've been known to compliment other men on their beards.

I think we need more beards in public places. Any candidate free enough to wear a beard will get a more serious look from me!