Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Detective

I was at the library the other day. Our library has a good selection of videos and DVDs.

I don't remember why, but I just decided to search to see if any of our local libraries had any movies or television shows featuring Chesterton or Chesterton stories.

I discovered my library had The Detective. The British title for the film was Father Brown.

What a find. Alec Guinness as Father Brown. Peter Finch as Flambeau.

Well written, well acted.

I wonder what other Chesterton film treasures are out there.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Have you seen this? Pretty good. Turned my 10 yr-old daughter on to reading Fr. Brown.

mjl said...

I didn't even know that DVD set existed! You have just made me a happy man, poorer as my paycheck will go to yet more Chesterton; happy nonetheless.